23. Juni 2012

Good Bye Italy

Hi Folks,


after I produced around 2.500 gallons of fruit juice, I finished my work last Friday. During these twoandahalf weeks I drunk at least 4 litres of juice a day and ate a whole pineapple, which was suppose to go to MC Donald's. So I guess, I'm full enough with every kind of Vitamin and Protein, so I can keep up with the (not so healthy) Balkan-food within the next weeks... ;-) I stayed a few more nights at Giovanni's place, the very nice man, who offered my this job and a place to stay at his house and took off on Tuesday! Thanks to you Giovanni, at this point!!!




This picture with my funny co-workers from Bangladesh I took during one nightshift.

 I spent much time with "Jackson", Marco and Giovanni during the last weeks, so before leaving we went out for dinner one last time.


Very nice experience for me! I really enjoed the time around Cento, although all those earthquakes...

And a last picture at "Mace", that's the name of the company, before I was finally leaving.


Beside myself it's Roberto, Sabrina and Giovanni.

So I drove from the Bologna-area northwards, because I want to circle around the adriatic bay of Trieste. I passed Venice and put my tent up on the beach very close to it and just a few hundred meters beside a bar... ;-)
So I had beer in the evening and coffee in the morning... ;-)

I drove to Duino, a small town close to the Slowenian boarder. Here I met Antonio, who I touched base with during Horizons Unlimited.
Because it's very hot here. Yesterday it was up to 44° Celcius. puuuuhh......
He offered me to stay at his parents house in the basement.


Very great!!! They were absolutly friendly and polite and also offered me breakfast, although they didn't know my name, at all! Antonio forgot to tell them about me.... :-)

My bike was leaking oil at the front suspension, so I wanted to change the sealings into new ones. He helped me getting the parts and working on the bike...


While taking it apart, we unfortunately damaged one important piece, so I need to get it new, as well. "Till Wednesday", the BMW-dealer said...

So I'm a kind of "stranded" here in Duino and will have an extended stay over the weekend. So we took the entire suspension away and my bike is now "waiting" in Antonios garage...



I really hope that we get the part next week and I'm able to get going again, because around 20th of July I want to be in Greece for the HorizonsUnlimited-meeting. So maybe I will skip Slowenia and go straight into Croatia and along the coast!? And beside that, I really have to speed up my "travell-speed"... 

I hope the next post will finally be out of Italy....


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen