1. Juni 2012

Lamborghini, Ferrari and GRECO

Hello my english speaking friends,


because I really enjoyed the happenings during the last days (except the earthquake), I want to share some ot them in English, as well!


The man, where I am staying at since last Saturday, has some friends who are also bikers, so we did a very nice trip together on Sunday.




We had a lot fun while driving across the Italian mountains and went for a great local dinner in the evening. 
The following day, two of them invited me to spent the day together. They figured out that I'm interested in machines and sheduled a privat guided tour at the Lamborghini museum...




done by Fabio Lamborghini, the nephew from the founder Ferruccio Lamborghini... :-)
He told us, that his uncle manufactured tractors, heating systems, hydraulic components, golf cars and produced also wine.




After he earnt so much money and didn't know in which way to waste all these :-) he bought sich several "Supercars", also a Ferrari. But his Ferrari had strange promblems with the clutch, so he tried to fix this himself and has been succesfully. He went to Maranello to let the engineers at Ferrari to know about this, but Enzo Ferrari himself was just smiling at him, because he didn't think well about Ferruccio with his tractors and heating systems, and told him there are NO problems with any Ferrari! Ferruccio were just a very bad driver!


So much pissed Ferrucio Lamborghini answered he would never by again a Ferrari and will start building his own "Supercars"! 
I guess the rest is history!




This is me with Mr. Fabio Lamborghini, the nephew of the founder Ferrucio.




And with Giovanni and Marco, the two very nice men, who invited me to spent a very interesting day with them!



The next day I drove to a company named GRECO, where I made an appointment a few days before. I remembered the very big plough from last year, while passing the town Villa Poma.


A small family owned company, which produces tilling equipment here in the PO-area. I was welcome by Francesco Greco, one of the owners.
 Such a very big plough is about 6 tons heavy and were used in the 60's till the 80's. Mainly for preparing ground of fruit plantation and areas for wine grapes, while tilling one meter deep. Puuuuhh..... :-)


Nowadays the average depth is about 40 - 45 cm, so the majority they produce are ploughs with 2 or 3 blades, which still require 200 hp and more!


Francesco didn't speak English at all, but a little German. :-) 
Later his son arrived, who spoke English so we had a pretty nice conversation about farming... His son works for a company with hydraulic equipment and has to deal a lot with John Deere in Germany. He also knew about Krone. It's a small small world... :-)


In the end we took a nice picture. Luigi and Francesco Greco with his son and myself. And my bike, of course! ;-)


Last Tuesday a strong earthquake occured here in the north of Italy. Many houses collapsed and companies got destroyed. Also people died. So many people are sleeping outside in tents, because of they fear going inside their homes. Also, a lot of people disappear from work...
Due to that fact, Giovanni, who owns a company which produces juice and other fruit products, offered me a job in his company for several weeks, which I hav'nt denied, because I'm really looking for money. He also offered me to stay at his house during that time... ;-)

For the next 2 weeks at least I will stay here in the area around Cento and produce fruit juice... :-)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen