27. Juli 2012

Albania farming

Hello to all English-speaking Folks!


I had a very interesting week, while I was crossing the entire country of Albania. And I'm very proud about myself, that I did it just with a map in the size of regular sheet of paper and my compass, of course!! :-)



Albania is located in the very south-east of Europe, just next to Greece. It was the first "warm-up", so do all the people say who travell further to south-east Asia, considering bad roads, animals on the road and other suspicious occasions...


So suddenly the solid two line-roads stop without any warning and turn into a single gravell road! Or holes, two till three square feet big and I don't know how deep, suddenly appear in the middle of the road, without any warning or protection... :-/




Or behind a turn, the road surfaces changes like on the pictures above...

So I had to pay that much attention while riding, like I never had to do before!! And riding at night I did totally avoid! And the chances for taking pictures of all these things in a safe way have been very rare.

But a very nice country it is, Albania!



Along the road I recognized this self-propelled mower for sale, which I named myself the
 "Very little M" ;-)



One 18 hp cylinder is driving the whole machine with its 1,60 m sickle bar. A manuell hydraulic pump, driven by foot pedal is rising the cutter bar. No clutch, just 3 gears to choose right at the gear box. So, I assumed two fixed speeds for working and one for going down the road!? 3.000 € was the price, which the sales man offered to me, but I did deny... :-)



Later on I saw the "Very Little M profi line" with a disc cutter bar and roller conditioners!!!


Riding further to the south I saw an old Fednt Farmer 105 S. Not very suspicious, but its' colour! It was painted in the green, which belongs to Deutz-Fahr ! :-)



All in all I had really fun riding across Albania, although I had to pay soo much attention! People have been very friendly and helpful, one more time. I also, got a coffe for free, while I stoped beside the road and respondes to the bar mans questions where I'm from and what I'm doing at the moment. He was so interested in me that in the end we took a picture with him, his friends and another biking-couple, who appeared in between and was an their way to India...



At the moment I am at the "Horizons Unlimited motorbiking travelling event" here in Greece, where I already met a lot of nice travelling people from all around the world. But this will go within the next post... :-)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen