5. August 2013

Leaving Bulgaria

30.344 km

Hi Folks!


After riding across Bulgaria and Macedonia I spent a few more days at the motocamp Bulgaria. One day I joined Andreas, we picked up Svetlana and rode all together around the area, till suddenly...


Yes, I saw a tractor... ;-)

We talked to the farmer and Svetlana, who speaks Bulgarian convinced him, me to ride one turn with his 165 Landini.



:-)

And before leaving we took a picture with all of us, of course...


So in BG you find both, well equiped farmers with (almost) the latest technology and on the other side still people who are dealing even without a small tractor and do anything by hand and with their animals..


Further on we drove to Svetlanas grand parents and picked up lots of fresh grown vegetables in their garden...


so we have to eat salad for the next days... ;-)

During the following days I just stayed in the camp and did some small jobs at my equipment and the bike. You know, these things which you always think "Ah, I can do that later..."
So I fixed small holes in my tent, sorted out my spare parts like bearings and sealing rings and added them into small packages, which I wrapped. So now I can easily store them in the plastic tubes without getting damaged. 


I also tried to fix my drinking water supply system. The plastic bag started slightly leaking in the bottom and so I was carrying a wet bag during the last days in my back. I didn't know how to fix this properly, so I tried to put some JB Weld on it in memory of the Americans saying: "...we use it for everything!"


... but figured out that it is not working while dealing with water equipment. :-(

Here are some pictures of the motocamp bar...


and with Ivo, Polly and Andreas



Check out Vladimir and his nice saftey-dress, glasses and while smoking a cigarette... ;-)



Due to the fact that I got again supported by the German tire manufacturer "HEIDENAU" with a very good price for a new set of their K 60 Scout tires, I decided to take these with me during the travell. But carrying one set of tires all the time in the back of a bike will get pretty exhausting very soon. That's what other travellers said. So I decided to change the front tire right now, although it is still good for 3-4000 km more. On the other hand it already did last 29.000 km, which is an oustanding distance for a motorcycle tire and so I guess with the new one I will be good again for another half a year or even more and just have to carry one in the back.

Before changing the front tire

After changing the front tire - I'm slowly getting experience in this :-) - I gathered all my stuff and left the motocamp, on Sunday. At this day I'm two weeks on the run and already one behind, because actually I scheduled just one week in BG... :-/

Leaving the "motocamp Bulgaria"


with Ivo ...


and Dennis from Scotland

So now I have to speed up quite a bit, to be at the Ukrainian - Russian boarder at August 13th! Because this is my next goal, to visit Mila in Tatarstan close to the Ural-mountains... :-)

The next country I will enter is ...




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen