29. April 2012

Alpen-farming

Hi Folks,


yesterday I did a f***ing awesome Dolomites-riding day! The pictures you will see in the following post. 


This one, I want to show you a little bit of special Alpes-farming, which I've seen during the last days...


The first I've seen, were those little independent trailers for ???


They have been everywhere along my way, till I saw the answer. It's for the "milk-man", who collects the milk from the local farmers. They produce appr. 200 - 300 litres each day with their maximum of 20 cows and bring the fresh milk to the main road, for selling.


 I stopped by, had a nice conversation and asked for taking a picture. Of course, was the response... :-)


Another day I drove over numerous passos in the Dolomites and coincidence I saw a farmer passing me, while he was spreading his manure, with a special truck to work in the mountains.




It was in a ski-area above 1.900 m, so he was working on those meadows, where in the winter time, the ski-trails are located.

For the extrem hillside, where he isn't able to drive, he uses a "gun", like fire fighters have, too.


I really felt like riding with him, so I followed him to his farm and just asked... 


"Sure!" he said and we took off, together...




He told me that his 90 hp "Lindner-truck" costs around 110.000 Euros and he's using it only 200 hours a year. He can also put a dumper or a forage wagon in the back...


This is Oskar, the friendly farmer from Corvara in Badia in the Dolomites, one of the greatest areas for motorriding in the European Alpes. 

You can see the twin-tires in the back for working in the hills. And the entire vehicle has a maximum hight of 2,20 metres. It has 4WD, of course!
You can say: "Where they don't drive you don't want to walk!" :-)



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen