7. April 2012

Vienna calling

Hi Folks,

due to the fact that I got really disappointed at the company in Austria, where I was supposed to work for two weeks - I showed up there last Monday like scheduled, but the responsable guy wasn't available and nobody else wanted to deal with me. The supervisor of my guy wasn't in charge about the deal we made and told me, that he hadn't any time. :-( So I was pretty much pissed, because I drove all the way 800 km up there and had to take off and try to find me a last minute couch in the next city called Linz.
But a very good example that the companies all over are almost the same! The one hand doesn't know what the other is dealing with... But all the way I was really mad!!!

It turned out that I stayed two nights at a guy from Peru, who is living in a student dorm. He offered me the room from his neighbour, who was gone away for several days... :-)


So I stayed at the "catholic university community" and had the room from a brasilian guy for those 2 nights.... :-)


The one day I did some laundry and drove to a tire shop, to get me a new front tire.


With the new pneu I guess I'm good to go for the next 15.000 km.


Before leaving, of course a picture for the memories...


I know, I need a hair cut... :-)

By the suggestion from the CS-guy two times ago, I started heading towards Vienna. 

While driving I saw this farmer doing some tillage in the Alpes with his old STEYR...




STEYR Tractors are nowadays part of the CNH company, but still produced in Austria and so very popular here and seen all over...

While driving to Vienna parttime in the rain, I asked a guy to take a picture of my bike and myself in my rain dress :-)


The jacket is still from the time, I was in military service, ten years ago. 100% water proof and perfect for riding! ;-)

Here in Vienna I'm staying at a very nice CS-couple very close to the city centre and spent the day exploring the Wiener Prater





The weather wasn't that nice and I wasn't really in the mood to take pictures.... :-(
But a funny day it was! :-)

In the evening we went out to a local bar, where only locals hang out because tourist will never find it and I had a very good evening... ;-)


My 2nd day in Vienna, I did sightseeing in the city centre. The city offers bikes very cheap and the first hour is free.


So I biked Vienna with one of these rental bikes....





And again, I got stopped by the police while driving the wrong direction in a one-way-street... :-)
but only got told to turn around.

This is a very popular beer here in Vienna, my hosts offered me one.


one of the last family owned breweries in downtown,



and for carrying the use KRONE-trailer, of course.... :-)


I will stay here till Sunday and then maybe ride into Hungary, if I'll find a good place to stay...

Ciao ciao

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hallo Alex!
    Du bist tatsächlich deinem Inneren Ruf gefolgt!
    Es ist wohl tatsächlich so wie du gesagt hast-wenn man mal"on tour"ist und war dann fällt es einem nicht mehr so schwer los zu lassen.
    Glaube das ist eine der Wertvollsten Übungen die du in deinem Leben bisher erfahren durftest>>>im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes-"er-fahren"!
    Und dieses los>lassen wird dir auf deinem weiteren Lebensweg niemals mehr so schwer fallen wie es vielleicht mal war für dich!
    Und das in allen Lebensbereichen!
    Denke an dich und ich würde nur zu gerne auch mal eine Reise tun.............müßte wohl mal loss-lassen.............
    Bernie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hallo Bernie,

    ja, wenn man einmal drin ist, in einem solchen Leben und merkt das es noch etwas "anderes" gibt, frage ich mich oft was ich früher und auch heute noch 95% der Menschen eigentlich tagtäglich praktizieren??

    AntwortenLöschen